Nighthawk is family of wifi routers produced by Netgear. In order to change and manage the router’s settings is necessary to login to it. In this text you will learn how to do this. We will show a step by step guide and also talk about some common problems you may encounter while logging into your Nighthawk router.
How to login to a Nighthawk router?
If you want to visualize or manage settings for your Nighthawk router, you should login to the Netgear configuration page. This is done following the steps below:
- Launch your favorite web browser from your PC or any other wireless device connected to the network. It is advisable to use an ethernet connection direct to the router whenever is possible
- Fill in the browser address bar with:
- A login screen will be displayed. Here you should enter the router login credentials.
- The default username is “admin”. The default password is “password”. (be aware that both username and password are case sensitive)
- After you entered the correct router’s credentials, the home screen of your Nighthawk routers panel will be displayed.
With these steps you will be quickly in the configuration page of your Nighthawk router and ready for perform any new setting you need. If you entered the settings page with the default login values, we recommend that you set up a new password.
Common issues for login to Nighthawk routers?
The step that usually cause some problems for users is when the login page is displayed. Most users never really bothered to enter the router’s configuration page, so for most people trying to login the default password and username will do the job just fine.
The problem is when you already entered the configuration panel in the past in order to change the router password and username. Most users also forget the new password, and when they want to login again they have a problem.
To solve this issue is necessary to restore the Nighthawk router to its original factory settings. By restoring the router default state, the user will be able to login with the default credentials again.
The process of restoring the router original state is called reset, and is different from a common reboot. When you reboot the router, the settings will remain the same after it is rebooted. But when you reset the device, all the current settings will be lost and after resetting all the configurations will be set to the original default state.
In order to perform a reset of your router, check out this article. Here we show how to do it and also we give you all the necessary explanations.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know your opinion and if you have any question, do not forget to leave your comment!