Asus is one of the asian leading hardware manufacturers. The company designs and produces motherboards, hard-drives, video-boards and network devices. Recently it entered on the highly competitive smartphone market with well succeeded products.
The routers produced by the company are used worldwide and the taiwanese brand has a very good acceptance on the market. Here we will show how to login on the ASUS routers and how to overcome some common issues regarding this procedure.
Learn how to login to your Asus router
As well as all other routers, the steps for logging to the ASUS router starts by discovering which is the internal IP address of the router. In the next quick sessions we show you how to find the correct IP address and login to your router.
- First step is to connect your PC to the router through a ethernet cable using one of its network ports. You can also use a wireless connections, though manufacturers usually recommend to connect directly through the ethernet cable.
- Once you are connected, open your favorite web browser and type the internal IP address of your ASUS router. The routers by ASUS use one of the addresses below, try each of them until you find out which one is the correct.
- Once you have found the correct IP address, you will be redirected to the login page of the router management panel. Here you should enter the username and password. The standard values for most ASUS routers are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
If your router model does not accept the password above, check out this list too see the correct default info for your model.
- After finding the right login information, press enter and you will have access to the setup page of your ASUS router. Here you can manage network security options, advanced networking options and many other settings.
In case the standard password and username of your model are not working, it means that they were changed in the past. If you do not know the current password, you have to reset the router to the manufacturer default settings in order to be able to access the setup page. To do that follow the steps bellow:
- Press the reset button on the back part of the router. You should hold the button for a while (usually ten seconds or more) in order to reset the settings to the original manufacturer values.
- Once the router was successfully resetted, login to the setup page using the default IP address and password informed on the first session of the text.
- At the setup page you will be able to change the Router’s password to a new and stronger one.
Resetting the router can be a serious action as it clears all the current configurations. It is recommended that you write down any special configuration you have done. In case you have any serious issue with this procedure, contact ASUS support here.