Modems and routers manufactures all around the world use some default IP addresses for accessing their devices management and configuration panels. With this default IP address of the ADSL modem or router, users and support teams can easily access a configuration panel through an internet browser and perform any necessary change to fix or to improve the device operation.
192.168.l.l IP address is one of the IP numbers used by routers manufacturers to access the management page of its devices. Other very common addresses are 192.168.0.1 and 10.0.0.1. The address used by your device depends on your router or ADSL modem brand and model. Fortunately, this information is widely available on the internet. Below you will learn how to use the 192.168.l.l number and how to discover which is your router’s IP in case your device is not configured to the 192.168.l.l one.
What 192.168.l.l is used for?
As you already know, the 192.168.l.l IP address is used to access the router or modem configuration panel. But what can you do on this configuration page? Does it have any interesting setting for you to worry about? Yes, it does. And you can see by yourself what can you manage:
- Security Settings
- Wifi Network Configuration
- IP QoS
- LAN, WAN, WLAN configurations
- DSL and ADSL settings
All these points are things you can change when accessing your modem or router configuration page through the 192.168.l.l address.
- How to change Wifi Name
- How to change Router Password
- Asus Router Login
- How to find your WiFi Password
- Xfinity Router Login
- Nighthawk Router Login
How to use the 192.168.l.l number?
In order to have access to your router’s configuration page, considering your device uses the 192.168.l.l IP number, just follow the steps below:
- Connect to the network. You can do this by wifi or directly using a ethernet cable.
- Launch an Internet browser.
- Type 192.168.l.l on the browser address bar.
- A page asking for login credentials will open. Fill in the username and password of your router.
- In case you never accessed your router’s configuration page before, the username and password will be the router’s default ones. You can check what they are here or by reading the router’s manual.
- If you changed the password before but do not remember it anymore, you should reset your router to its original factory settings. After doing this you will be able to use the default username and password again.
- Check here how to reset your router.
- After you entered the right login credentials you will be in the configuration panel and all the router settings can be now changed according to your preferences (be sure to know what you are doing when changing the device settings).
Easy, isn’t? The 192.168.l.l IP number is simply a default number for accessing ADSL modems and routers configuration panels. Now you know how to do this and are ready for setting up your device according to your preferences as a user.